New Delhi, Aug 10 (ANI): As the deadline for removing all Commonwealth Games related demolition waste from the city ends today, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has gone on the defensive over the issue.
Speaking to reporters here she said, "The media is presenting a wrong picture on the work related to the Games. Most of the work has been done and the debris clean up has been completed also."
She had ordered all civic agencies to strictly comply with the time-frame.
Earlier on July 30, Dikshit said: "I have said before that all most of the big malba, will be cleared by August 10. Most of the work will be completely by August 30-31st."
"We have kept the whole month of September to completed any other work."
She had also reiterated that there would be no deviation in the deadline to halt digging work and to remove the malba.
The Delhi Government is under increasing attack for the city's slow preparation for the event as several key infrastructure projects are yet to be completed. (ANI)