The officials reported that the tragic incident happened on Saturday, July 31 afternoon. After having the food provided under mid day meal scheme, 63 students complained of vomiting and dysentery and were admitted to Betul district hospital.
"The condition of the children was out of danger and adequate medical facilities were being provided to them," said Dr Arun Srivastava, doctor in Betul district hospital.
Medical authorities reported that children might have fallen sick due to food poisoning or contaminated water.
District collector, Vijay Anand Kuril, ordered for police enquiry.