Google raises false alarm on services in China

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Google
San Francisco, Jul 30: Internet behemoth Google Inc on Thursday, Jul 29 raised an alarm that its search engine and several other services had been cut off from China but later back off the claim.

After the Google's dramatic announcement made its way to the international media, the search engine giant, which is currently lodged in a war against China's internet censorship policy, backed off the claim citing that the scare was nothing but a technological problem.

The system for tracking Internet access appeared to have misinterpreted what was happening to its search, mobile and advertising services in China, the company said.

“It"s possible that our machines could overestimate the level of blockage," Google said in a statement.

“That seems to be what happened when there was a relatively small blockage. It appears now that users in China are accessing our properties normally," it added.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...