London, July 29 (ANI): Terror suspects accused of plotting UK atrocities can sue for damages.
This decision by a Court of Appeal has sparked off outrage in Britain, says a Daily Star report.
Control orders had been used to hold two men without charge under house arrest while police probed alleged links to extremists.
The men, however, complained their movement was unfairly restricted for three years and three judges yesterday backed them.
The ruling allows them to lodge damages claims and opens the door to dozens of other copycat lawsuits from fellow suspects.
Home Office officials last night said they would challenge the ruling at the Supreme Court. (ANI)