Chlorine gas leak in Mumbai, 3 dead

Posted By: Devaki
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jul 14: A disastrous Chlorine gas leak in Mumbai's Haji Badar port claimed the lives of three and 92 people have been hospitalized. The gas leaked from a cylinder in a container parked in the Haji Badar area.

Fourteen among the affected are students from Lal Bahadur Shastri College. Many among the affected are critical and have been under observation in Cardiac Intensive Care Units of JJ and BPT hospitals.

The gas leak was identified around 4 am on Wednesday, Jul 14. Four fire fighters have been sent to the spot now for the rescue operations. Authorities are investigating about the incident.

Chlorine, which is respiratory irritant may also cause various other problems including eye irritation, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and even death. It may also lead to restlessness, throat irritation and excess salivation, if exposed a long period of time or in strong concentration.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...