Islamabad, Jul 3: Government of Pakistan informed an anti-terror court hearing the Mumbai attack case that the latest Indian dossier on the 26/11 attack said Ajmal Kasab could not be sent to Pakistan to testify against the accused.
A government lawyer said on Jul 3 that India's latest dossier had said that it would not be possible to send Kasab to Pakistan to join the court's proceedings.
The government lawyer also added that now the anti-terrorism court could make a request for the Indian magistrates and a police officer, who had recorded Kasab's statement to come to Pakistan to testify.
He also stated that Pak government is also very keen to resolve the problem and will make a request in this regard.
Pakistan had recently attempted access to Kasab, a Pakistani national, who has been accused in 26/11, 2008 Mumbai attack and sentenced to death by an Indian court.
The anti-terrorism court had earlier issued arrest warrants for Kasab and Fahim Ansari, an Indian national accused of involvement in the attacks who has been conducted by a court in Mumbai.
P Chidambaram, in his recent tour in Pakistan, is believed to have pressed for stronger action by Pakistan to bring to justice all planners, financiers and handlers of the terrorists who attacked Mumbai.