Govt. announces new scheme for assistance towards damaged property in J-K

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, June 11 (ANI): The Government of India has announced a new scheme for assistance towards damaged immoveable and movable property during action by the Central Paramilitary Forces and the Army in Jammu and Kashmir.

The new scheme that is effective from June 3 provides for compensation of up to Rs. 10 lakhs with a provision that of this 70 percent maximum can be given for the capital assets houses etc., destroyed during anti militants operations and the rest 30 percent maximum for the other household moveable property either of the owners or the tenants.

The compensation package will be scrutinized by a Committee of Deputy Commissioner, Senior Superintendent of Police, Executive Engineer, Representatives of Ministry of Defence and Central Paramilitary Forces before it is sanctioned.

"By provision of compensation to the tenant(s), the new Central Scheme also addresses the needs of tenants. There is no provision for compensation to tenants in the present Scheme of the State Government. This scheme subsumes the existing scheme of Jammu and Kashmir Government," a release from the Ministry of Home Affairs stated.

The earlier scheme provided for an ex-gratia relief equal to 50 percent of loss or Rs. one lakh, whichever is less due to Bomb Blast or other kind of sabotage.

"Since the quantum of relief being provided by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir was inadequate, Ministry of Home Affairs formulated the new Scheme with the objective to provide adequate relief for damage caused to the immovable/moveable property and in which there has been no involvement of the owner/tenant in the subversive activities," the release added.

The expenditure for the scheme would continue to be met from the budget of the Ministry of Home Affairs under Security Related Expenditure (Relief and Rehabilitation). (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...