Granny rescues pets from burning house, forgets grandson

Subscribe to Oneindia News

London, June 9 (ANI): A granny rescued her pets but forgot to rescue her grandson when a fire broke out in her house.

Mandy Hands' grandson Curtis was asleep upstairs when the fire started.

The 45-year-old granny managed to save her four greyhounds, Amy, Arnie, Mannie and Clyde but did not remember about 11-year-old Curtis, reports The Sun.I can't get over the fact I left my grandson in bed. He's visiting from Portsmouth and I was panicking so much trying to get everyone out that I forgot he was in here. I never even checked on him," 45-year-old Mandy said.

Although, firefighters luckily managed to rescue Curtis, still sleeping in his room.

The fire started due to a faulty toaster at Mandy's home in Coventry.

"It was only when we were outside and someone said 'is there anyone else in there?' that I remembered him, but no one could get back in," granny said.

"I stood outside shouting up at the bedroom window and that was when the fire engines arrived," she added.

"Curtis was asleep so was a bit shocked to see two firemen standing there. It was too hot to bring him down the stairs so we took him out of the window," Mandy's husband Craig said. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...