London, May 30 (ANI): Sarah Ferguson and her daughters bagged nearly 3 million pounds as part of the Duchess of York's divorce settlement with former husband Prince Andrew, it has emerged.
The revelations are in stark contrast with Fergie's claims that her finances are in disarray because of the dealings of the Queen and the Duke of York.
The Duchess, who has recently been caught selling access to her former husband for 500,000pounds, was secretly filmed twice claiming her divorce settlement was "zero".he then upped the figure to 15,000pounds.
However, sources have rubbished Fergie's claims.
They reveal her package agreed in 1996, when Andrew and Fergie divorced, included:
1. 500,000pounds provided by the Queen for her to buy a new house for her and her children.
2. 1.4 million pounds provided by the Queen to set up a trust fund for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.
3. 350,000pounds in cash provided by the Queen which had no restrictions on its use.
4. An agreement that the Duke of York would pay his daughters' private school and university fees.
5. A modest monthly allowance which it is believed was then based on the Duke of York's salary as a Royal Navy officer.
Royal sources believe that the cost of 14 years of school fees and the modest monthly allowance total well over 500,000pounds meaning Fergie and her children have received around 3 million pounds from the Royal family in the past 14 years.
"The Duchess's claims are quite extraordinary," the Telegraph quoted one senior courtier, as saying.
The insider added: "She was treated extremely generously and she has now behaved appallingly." (ANI)