Srinagar, May 30 (ANI): Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed has demanded that Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh should take action against the recent fake killings at Machil sector in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara District, asserting that the killings should be an eye opener.
"So it is our main plan, I think government of India has to take action after this incident, major incident, it should be an eye opener to the Prime Minister of what is happening on the ground," said Sayeed.
Media reports said that three youth were killed in a fake encounter by the army at Machil on April 30.
The bodies of three youth Muhammad Shafi Lone, Shehzad Ahmad and Riyaz Ahmed Lone were exhumed and identified by their kin on Friday.
The bodies of the three youth hailing from Baramulla district had gone missing from their village last month.
Defence Minister A K Antony had on Saturday said no one would be spared in the suspected fake killing and that there is no question of covering up.
"Kashmir government is inquiring, we will fully cooperate. There is no question of cover up. Whoever is guilty, they should be punished. From our side, army is also inquiring it very seriously," said Antony.
"So, no question of cover up. Nobody will be spared. Whoever is guilty, they will be punished," he added.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also ordered a probe into the incident.
The state police have filed a case of abduction and murder against the army for the killing.
Police officials said the youth from the village were lured for a job in the army.
Abbas Shah, the trooper of 161 battalion of the Territorial Army posted at Gantamulla-Baramulla, has been arrested in the case. (ANI)