No one will be spared in suspected J-K fake killing: Antony

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, May 30 (ANI): Defence Minister A K Antony has said no one would be spared in the suspected fake killing in Jammu and Kashmir and that there is no question of covering up.

"Kashmir government is inquiring, we will fully cooperate. There is no question of cover up. Whoever is guilty, they should be punished. From our side, army is also inquiring it very seriously," said Antony.

"So, no question of cover up. Nobody will be spared. Whoever is guilty, they will be punished," he added.

Media reports said that three youth were killed in a fake encounter by the army at Machil in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara District on April 30.

The bodies of three youth Muhammad Shafi Lone, Shehzad Ahmad and Riyaz Ahmed Lone were exhumed and identified by their kin on Friday.

The bodies of the three youth hailing from Baramulla district had gone missing from their village last month. Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also ordered a probe into the incident.

The state police have filed a case of abduction and murder against the army for the killing.

Police officials said the youth from the village were lured for a job in the army.

Abbas Shah, the trooper of 161 battalion of the Territorial Army posted at Gantamulla-Baramulla, has been arrested in the case. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...