White House gatecrashers demand apology

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New York, May 19 (ANI): Michaele and Tareq Salahi, who gate-crashed last year's U.S. State Dinner, have now demanded an apology from the White House.

The duo say they've been the target of pranks and death threats following the security scandal, in which the pair was admitted without an invitation to a soiree for the Prime Minister of India, even managing to shake the hands of President Obama and Vice President Biden.

"It would be nice if somebody apologized to us and for (the White House) to call it quits," the New York Daily News quoted Tareq as telling Radar Online.

"I would certainly not treat anyone this way that comes to my house, even if there was a question about an invitation, or there was some miscommunication ... I would still welcome anyone and be gracious."

Michaele added: "The American way is to love people."

The two have been the focus of all negative attention since the fiasco, which even cost White House Social Secretary Desiree Rogers her job.

In one incident, Michelle received a package at their Virginia home containing a used condom.

"It is a totally different life now and is really impossible to describe," Tareq Salahi told Radar.

The pair insists that they were invited to the soiree.

"Without a doubt, there is no question that we were extended an invitation," Tareq said.

"Nobody realized this but we were asked for our social security number, our date of birth, our full legal name and our citizenship for clearance for the White House state dinner. Not for a breakfast. Not for a VIP tour. Not for a luncheon. Specifically, in writing, for the White House state dinner evening activities.

"Nobody knows that and nobody has bothered to ask us about that, except for the Secret Service investigation." (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...