London, May 12: : Here are ten facts about the new Prime Minister of Britain, David Cameron, who has links to royalty and relatives in Labour Party.
1. According to reports by The Scotsman, his father-in-law, Viscount Astor, owns an estate on the island of Jura. David Cameron and his wife Samantha used to regularly enjoy holidays on the estate, which has some of the best deer-stalking terrain in Scotland.
2. He was a regular columnist for the Guardian as the paper's trendy Tory.
3. He attended his prep school, Heathedown, at the same time as Prince Edward.
4. He is distantly related, through his aunt's marriage, to the interim Labour leader Harriet Harman.
5. An A-star pupil, he has passed 12 O levels, getting three As at A level in History of Art, History and Economics with Politics, before getting a first at Oxford.
6. He took a gap year before university and worked for his godfather, Tory MP Tim Rathbone.
7. On the election trail, his entourage was made up entirely of female aides.
8. He is a direct descendent of King William IV.
9. Cameron was in the camera shot in 1993 when, on Black Wednesday, Norman Lamont was forced to take Britain out of the ERM. He was working as an adviser to the Treasury at the time.
10. He claims to be an Aston Villa fan, although his link to the team comes through a relative who used to own the Birmingham club.