Kasab's death sentence would not hinder talks with Krishna: Qureshi

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Islamabad, May 8 (ANI): The death sentence awarded to Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving November 2008 Mumbai carnage gunman, would not affect any future talks between New Delhi and Islamabad, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said.

Talking to reporters here, Qureshi clarified that the Mumbai special anti-terror court's judgement against Kasab would not hinder the proposed talks between the foreign ministers of the two neighbouring countries.

He said the date and venue of the meeting would soon be finalised.

Qureshi said Pakistani experts were yet to review the judgement in the Kasab case.

It may noted that during their meeting on the sidelines of the XVIth South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Summit in Thimpu last month, both Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani had mandated their respective foreign ministers and foreign secretaries to meet and work out the modalities for resuming deliberations between the two estranged countries.

Condemning the ghastly Mumbai terror attacks, in which 166 people were killed and over 200 injured, Qureshi said Pakistan has also been a victim of terrorism.

"Those who lost their relatives in terror incidents in the country could feel the pain of people who suffered in the Mumbai attack," The Daily Times quoted Qureshi, as saying. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...