The final proceeding, which began on Monday, May 3 morning, have been on for about two hours now.
The court will be pronouncing judgment against lone surviving terrorist of the 26/11 attacks, Ajmal Kasab, as well as two Indian co-accused, Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin Ahmed.
Kasab was brought to the court from his cell about an hour ago. As per the latest inputs, the Additional sessions court Judge M L Tahaliyani is reading out charges against Kasab.
If convicted Kasab is expected to be sentenced to death as it is penalty for most of the charges slapped against it.
- Judge M L Tahaliyani has recorded 3,192 pages of evidence
- 658 witnesses were examined
- 1,015 articles seized during probe were submitted by Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam
- 1,691 documents have also been filed by Nikam to support the case
- 30 witnesses identified Kasab as the man who sprayed bullets on them
- 86 charges have been slapped against Kasab including murder and waging war against India