Surat: Infant dies after consuming polio drops

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Surat: Infant dies after consuming polio drops
Surat, May 2: Parents of a two-month old baby said that their daughter died after 48 hours of being given polio vaccine on by local civic authorities in Surat.

"After giving drops, health workers gave us tablets and asked us to give it to Khusbhu if she catches fever. We gave her the specified dose, but her condition worsened on Friday morning. We don't know what happened to her suddenly.

"The only medicine we gave was the tablet given to us by the health worker," the girl's father Shailesh Limbachia said.

Alleging that the vaccines given by the health worker were outdated, Limbachia said that seven other children in their neighbourhood had fallen sick after consuming the vaccine.

However, the Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) officials dismised that the allegations made the infant's parents.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...