Bhubaneshwar, May 2: In a freak accident, a man was killed when he accidentally swallowed a fish, police said Saturday, May 1.
23-year-old Udhaba Munda, a resident of Tangarani village in Keonjhar district, went to pond for fishing on Friday, Apr 30.
"He caught a fish and held it in his mouth, and went to catch another fish. However, the fish in an attempt to escape slipped into Munda's throat and got trapped inside," a police officer told.
The villagers, who were taking bath in the same pond realised what had happened and immediately took him to a local hospital.
"But Munda died on his way to the hospital," the police officer said.