Mumbai, Apr 18 (ANI): The two semi-finals of the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament, which were scheduled to b held in Bangalore, have been shifted to Navi Mumbai for security reasons.
Television reports said that foreigner players have expressed apprehensions and reservations about playing in Bangalore following Saturday's bomb scare.
The Bangalore Police had earlier hinted at not giving a green signal to the IPL semis till security issue is resolved.
Bangalore Police Commissioner Shankar Bidari said, "Till full proof security is available, we won't give permission for the IPL semifinal matches."
Earlier on Sunday, three bombs were defused near the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. The first one around 100 meters from the stadium and the second one near the Gandhi Murti, also near the stadium.
A third explosive was defused near Gate Number One of the stadium.
Sources said the bombers had time placed the devices behind a flex board.
At least 12 people were wounded in the incidents on Saturday, which caused an hour's delay in the Indian Premier League (IPL) match between Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers of Bangalore.
Roughly 20,000 people had packed into the stadium and hundreds more were streaming in when a loud explosion at Gate Number 12 rattled nearby buildings.
The first explosion occurred at 3:15 p.m. and the second 20 minutes later.
The explosives were found in bushes.
Preliminary forensic investigation revealed that the explosive was an ammonium nitro glycerine gelatin stick. It was detonated with the help of a microchip timer.
Both the IPL semis were scheduled to be played at Bangalore on April 21 and 22 respectively. (ANI)