Fire breaks out at Ahmedabad's VS Hospital

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Ahmedabad, Apr 10 (ANI): The X-Ray laboratory and the adjoining rooms of the VS Hospital in Ahmedabad were damaged on Saturday, after a fire broke out inside the hospital premises.

At least six fire tenders were rushed to douse the blaze that reportedly started in the afternoon due to a short circuit in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital.

No casualty was, however, reported in the incident.

Ahmedabad Chief Fire Officer M F Dastur said that fortunately there was no human casualty, but the fire gutted assorted equipment in the ICU and the X-Ray laboratory.

"The cables of the X-Ray machine and its controller have been damaged due to the fire," said Dastur.

The hospital staff rescued most of the people before the arrival of fire service officials' at the spot.

"There was a lot of smoke that caused panic among the people. No one has died. Most of the people got out safely even before we came. People broke the windows and helped the trapped to escape," said Dastur.

The fire brigade personnel managed to douse the fire for salvage operations to commence, after battling the flames for nearly two hours.

It was reported that smoking inhaling machines were used to clear out the thick smoke inside the hospital premises. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...