New Delhi, Apr 8 (ANI): Over 200 shanties were burnt after a major fire broke out in a Gazipur slum here on Thursday.
It was reported that a high-tension wire that passed over the slum area snapped and fell on the shanties causing a spark and consequent raging blaze.
Sources said many people are still believed to be trapped in some of the hutments inside the Gazipur slum, located across river Yamuna and yet to be rescued.
The locals alleged that the fire tenders reached the spot an hour later and the fire had spread wide at a rapid pace by then. (ANI)