Pune blast accused identified: Patil

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Pune blast accused identified: Patil
Mumbai, Apr 7: In a major breakthrough in the Pune blast case, the Maharashtra Government has said that police have identified the accused.

Home Minister R R Patil said, "The police department has zeroed in on the Pune blast accused. We have identified them and will soon reveal more information about the case."

17 people were killed and 54 others injured in the bomb attack on the German bakery on Feb 13 evening.

Patil also said there is coordination between Central and state agencies on security issue.

"The state government received 35 alerts during Jan to Mar 2010. Security measures were taken based on the terror alerts," Patil told the Legislative Council on Tuesday, Apr 7.

On law and order situation, the minister said crime rates have declined in the state and quoted figures from last year data.

"Murders and dacoity have gone down by five per cent, theft by three per cent, riots by 13 per cent, damage in communal riots by 66 per cent and crime against women by two per cent," Patil added.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...