Lonely Planet magazines hit newsstands in India

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Lonely Planet magazines hit newsstands in India
Bangalore, Apr 5: Globally popular travel publication, the Lonely Planet has hit the newsstands in India in the form of a monthly magazine.

Prized at Rs 100, the monthly published by Worldwide Media targets the urban and affluent Indian travellers.

“The Lonely Planet Magazine is going to set a new benchmark for travel magazines in India. With experience in travel of over 35 years and access to 365 travel writers across the world, no other magazine can offer the kind of advice that Lonely Planet Magazine can," Tarun Rai CEO Worldwide Media said.

Lonely Planet, which was founded in 1972, has become largest travel guide book and digital media publisher. BBC Worldwide, which owns a 75 per cent share, now controls it. The rest of the 25 per cent is owned by founders Maureen and Tony Wheeler.

Before launching the Indian edition in 2010, the monthly magazine started circulation in 2009 in UK.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...