London, Mar.21 (ANI): Recalling the horror of those 14 days during which his five-year-old son, Sahil Saeed, was held captive by kidnappers, the British toddler's father, Raja Saeed, has revealed that the abductors had threatened him that Sahil would be 'blow into pieces'.
Sharing his two weeks nightmare for the first time with the media, Raja said the arm gang, who had snatched Sahil from his grandmother's house in Pakistan Punjab province's Jhelum region, had warned him that they would put an explosive jacket on the five-year-old and 'blow him to pieces' if he tries to inform the police.
"They said, 'We're going to take your son. We know you're a businessman and we know you have lots of money.' My heart pounded. I pleaded with them, telling them I was not a rich man and had no money. I was completely helpless," The Mirror quoted Raja, as saying.
Sahil was freed last week when his family reportedly paid a ransom of 110,000 pounds to the members of the kidnapping gang in Paris.
Raja said when he demanded proof of his son being safe and alive, the abductors threatened to send Sahil's body parts, and continued to receive several threatening calls after the abduction on March 4.
Raja had flown back to Manchester after the abduction on the directions of the abductors, and said he believes that the gang members were watching his every move.
"I wondered whether they were watching me. They seemed to know my every move. I was very upset leaving Pakistan knowing my son was with this gang but thought nothing of myself and only of his safety," he said. (ANI)