Headley's confession supports Kasab's statement

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Headley's confession supports Kasab's statement
Mumbai, Mar 19: Ujjwal Nikam, Special public prosecutor for the Mumbai terror attacks case, said that the guilty plea of the David Coleman Headley, Let operative convicted with plotting the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, is 'a major victory for Indian investigators' and proves that Pakistani terror accused Mohammed Ajmal Kasab was 'speaking the truth'.

"Headley's confession and his admission to all the 12 charges against him has substantiated our claim that the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was directly behind the terror attacks," special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said.

"Kasab had mentioned certain aspects about Headley's involvement in the Nov 26, 2008 terror attacks and the developments in Chicago prove that he was speaking the truth", Nikam said.

"It is also clear that there are certain state sponsors of the terror attacks in Pakistan and the entire conspiracy of the attack was hatched in that country," he said.

Earlier on Mar 18, Headley pleaded guilty to all the 12 counts of terror charges, including working for the several terror groups, including the LeT, before a Chicago court.

Nikkam said that the Headley was one of the different terror modules and sleeper cells used by the LeT to collect information about Mumbai.

The other members of such module - Fahim Ansari and Sahabuddin Ahmed- were arrested and is currently undergoing trial in the 26/11 trial along with Kasab.

"Now, I hope that the US government will part with the evidence and information against Headley to enable Indian authorities to track down the network and other modules of the LeT in India and elsewhere," Nikam urged.

"As far as the 26/11 trial is concerned, the Headley developments shall have no impact and we shall continue as usual," said Nikam, who is soon to complete the critical phase of the final arguments of the trial.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...