Wellington, Mar. 17 (ANI): Under fire New Zealand top-order batsman Peter Ingram says he is ready to take on the Australian bowling attack when the first cricket test starts in Wellington on Friday.
Ingram, 31, has been subjected to widespread criticism over his technique and lack of footwork following the opening three one-day internationals against Australia after posting scores of 40, 14 and five.
He was subsequently dropped for the remaining two matches of the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy after which he returned to first class cricket where he helped Central Districts cruise to a comfortable seven wicket Plunket Shield win over Wellington.
Ingram was recalled to the New Zealand side earlier this week and says he is comfortable about the impending test match and the criticism he had received.
"I've been feeling pretty good to be honest. I've been getting out lately making some bad decisions but that's cricket and you know my attitude, I'm not going to worry too much, just get out and play the way I play. I've just got to keep doing my thing," stuff.co.nz quoted Ingram, as saying. (ANI)