Melbourne, March 10 (ANI): Michael Clarke is said to be considering calling off his two-year engagement to Lara Bingle over the nude photo scandal that forced him to quit the tour of New Zealand.
The Daily Telegraph has reported that Clarke is 'confused and lost' and poised to dump the 22-year-old model, who hit the headlines last week after a naked photo of her was leaked to a women's magazine.
Clarke flew into Sydney after he was given indefinite leave from the Australian team's tour of New Zealand and remained holed up with Bingle all day at the couple's 6-million-dollar apartment at Bondi Beach, reports News.com.au.
He is expected to fly back in time for Australia's Test series against the Kiwis next week but wants to resolve his future with Bingle before he returns.
According to reports, Clarke was increasingly distressed and angry with the 'off-field' media attention, which has intensified since Bingle joined up with celebrity agent Max Markson.
Sources said that Bingle was resigned to the likelihood Clarke may ask her to move out. (ANI)