The upper house on Tuesday, Mar 9, took the unanimous decision to suspend the MPs who disrupted the proceedings in the house and for going up to the extent of snatching papers from the hands of Vice President Hamid Ansari.
The MPs who have been suspended include:
- Kamal Akhtar (Samajwadi Party)
- Nand Kishore Yadav (Samajwadi Party)
- Subhash Yadav (RJD)
- Ejaz Ali (JD-U)
- Veer Pal Singh Yadav (Samajwadi Party)
- Sabir Ali (Lok Janshakti Party)
- Aamir Alam Khan (Samajwadi Party)
As per the latest inputs, the suspended MPs are refusing to leave the house and are sitting down on the floor of the Rajya Sabha.
The impasse over the Women's quota bill continued for the second day with the opposing parties including SP and RJD continuing the protests leading to adjournment of both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.