Melbourne, Feb. 24 (ANI): Teenage members of a violent gang called 'Kill More Curries' are suspected to be behind the ongoing attacks on Indians in Melbourne.
One 15-year-old member of suspected "Kill More Curries" last week pleaded guilty at a children's court to a charge of affray over the bashing of two Indians at Oakleigh station, the Herald Sun reports.
The boy was part of a group that taunted an Indian man before pushing him and later punching him in the face, the court heard.
Another man, who tried to intervene during the incident on December 4, 2008, sustained a broken jaw and was kicked repeatedly after falling to the ground, Magistrate Luisa Bazzani was told.
Magistrate Bazzani warned the youth he was "on the path to self-destruction".
"It (the attack) is cowardly and pathetic. You will end up with a lifetime of jail," Bazzani said.
The boy, however, escaped conviction and was given a nine-month probation order after he presented a letter to the magistrate acknowledging the effect his case had had on his mother and vowing to change his ways.
Meanwhile, Victoria Police has refused to comment on the existence of the KMC gang, as the matters relating to the gang are still pending before the courts. (ANI)