New Delhi, Feb 24: In the Railway Budget 2010, Mamata Banerjee not only refrain from the hiking the freight charges but also introduced concessions in them, bseides announcing a series of reductions in prices in other services.
Presenting the budget in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, Feb 24, Mamata Banerjee said, there would be a reduction of Rs 100 per wagon in freight charges for carrying fertiliser, foodgrains for domestic consumption and kerosene.
Other Concessions include:
- 75 per cent concession in second class sleeper for the technicians of the regional film industry
- While travelling for film production-related work, the technicians can also avail a 50 per cent concession in higher classes in all trains
- While travelling for treatment, cancer patients can get free third AC and sleeper classes tickets.
- E-Tickets service charges has been reduced to Rs 10 for sleeper class and Rs 20 for AC classes
- The 50 per cent concession given to spouses of accredited journalists has been extended to companions
- Journalists' dependant children of up to 18 years of age will get 50 per cent concession once a year