Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday, Feb 24 announced the proposed trains during the presentation of Railway Budget 2010.
The ten Durontos are listed below:
- Yeswantpur (Bangalore) -Delhi (AC) (Weekly)
- Mumbai-Secunderabad AC (Bi-weekly)
- Pune –Howrah AC (Bi- weekly)
- Mumbai-Ernakulam AC (Bi-weekly)
- Indore- Mumbai AC (Bi-weekly)
- Jaipur-Mumbai AC (Bi-weekly)
Remaining four run in during the day:
Banerjee introduced these special trains in railway budget 2009-10. Duronto in Bengali means quick and these trains services are non-stop point to point.
The trains received favourable feedback from the commuters in 2009.