Bangalore, Feb.23 (ANI): At least nine persons were feared to have died and over 30 injured in Tuesday's fire tragedy which occurred in Bangalore's Carlton Towers building.
The late evening media channel reports stated following the tragic incident in the seven-storey building, a probe had also been ordered.
Earlier, while informing about number of people killed in the fire mishap, the Karanataka State Home Minister, V.S. Acharya, said the blaze has been extinguished and the building has been completely evacuated.
Speaking to mediapersons earlier in the evening, Acharya said: Five people died after they jumped out of the building. The building has been completely evacuated. The situation is completely under control."
The fire incident reportedly occurred due to a short-circuit in 'A' wing of Carlton Towers building, a business complex in Bangalore, at around 4.00 p.m.
About 100 people were reportedly trapped in the fire. (ANI)