Ranchi, Feb 20 (ANI): Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren on Saturday reiterated to continue anti Maoist operation in the state.
Reviewing the law and order situation in the state at a high-level meeting here Soren said state police are capable to curb the Maoist violence.
Interacting with the media Soren said that Maoists are misguided youths.
"The incident like the abduction of Block Development Officer will not happen again. The Maoists are misguided people and operation against them will continue," he said.
On February 13, Maoist abducted Block Development Officer (BDO) Prashant Kumar Layak and released him after six days of captivity.
Soren led state government also released 14 Maoists cadres who were arrested by the security forces earlier as a swap for Layak.
Earlier in the day, it was reported that Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has taken Soren's absent during Chief Minister's meeting which was held in Kolkata on February 9 to review anti Maoists operation in Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
Chidambaram has written a letter to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee along with Soren, asking them to come to New Delhi to endorse Centre's anti Maoist operation plan.
"You will kindly appreciate that before the tentative conclusions are translated into decisions and implemented, it is necessary to be assured that the Governments of both West Bengal and Jharkhand fully endorse the plan," Chidambaram said in the letter. (ANI)