Pune Police confirms use of RDX in German Bakery blast

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Pune, Feb 16 (ANI): Pune Police on Tuesday confirmed that RDX was used in the blast that ripped the German Bakery in Koregaon Park area here on Saturday at around 7 p.m.

Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said today that RDX was used in the blast at the German Bakery after receiving the preliminary report from the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL).

The death toll in the German Bakery blast has now reached ten as 24-year-old Abhishek Saxena from Lucknow succumbed to his injuries last night, added Singh.

Singh further said, "According to the Forensic Science Laboratory report received last night, the material used for the explosive was a combination of RDX, Ammonium Nitrate and Petroleum hydrocarbon oil.

"However, the quantity used has not been determined yet. Also the trigger mechanism is being investigated yet," he added.

Meanwhile, the police claim to have got vital clues from the CCTV footages even as they detained two persons with suspected links with the Indian Mujahideen terror outfit.

Singh said, " We have the CCTV footages. We have got some vital information from it."

Singh had on Monday said that the investigation into Saturday's blast was progressing in the right direction, but declined to provide any details of the lead obtained so far.

Union Home Secretary G K Pillai has said, "We cannot rule out or rule in the possibility of the involvement of foreign hands in Pune blast."

The Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footage of a five star hotel opposite to the German Bakery shows two suspects and has also captured images of these 2 men. The footage shows one of them holding a bag and the other talking on a cell phone.

Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has taken the possession of the footage and is monitoring the images along with the National Investigating Agency (NIA) from Delhi.

Meanwhile, the daughter of the owner of the German Bakery, where the blast took place has claimed that the bakery has its own CCTV footages.

The bomb, which has claimed ten lives and wounded at least 57, is seen as the first major attack on India since the 2008 Mumbai massacre and appeared to target Indian and foreign tourists. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...