Sena backtracks, attacks theatres screening 'MNIK'

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Feb 9: After promising to stay away from the screening of Shah Rukh Khan's latest movie 'My name Is Khan', the Sena has reportedly attacked the theatres, due to screen the movie on Tuesday, Feb 9.

Officials said that the Sena activists damaged the booking windows of Mehul Theatre in Mulund and shouted slogans outside Shreyas Theatre in Ghatkopar.

Kanjurmarg, Bandra, Khar and other parts of the city also witnessed protests from the Sena in the form of slogans and violent protests, amidst the police assurance to film director Karan Johan to prevent violence during the release of the film.

12 Sena activists from Mulund and 24 others were arrested in connection with the protests.

Earlier on Tuesday, Feb 9, director Karan Johar met the Police Commissioner D. Shivanandhan seeking police security for the movie's screening.

Citing stern action against trouble-makers, Joint Police Commissioner (Law and Order) Himanshu Roy said that protestors of the Shah Rukh-Kajol starrer will be dealt with a firm hand.

"We shall also frisk and search suspicious persons coming to view the movie to prevent any untoward incidents inside the cinema auditorium," Roy said.

The attacks were part of the ongoing Sena-Shah Rukh conflict, which began after the bollywood star spoke out against the exclusion of the Pakistan players from the IPL.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...