Chennai, Feb. 7 (ANI): Union Corporate Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed has said that the probe into the fiasco of Satyam Computer Services Limited is almost complete and the trial would take place in a fast track court.
Interacting with the media on the sidelines of a conference here Khursheed said: "The courts have been designated and I hope that it will move in the fast track as far as courts are concerned. We have given an outstanding team of lawyers headed by the Solicitor General himself."
"Investigations are now complete, unless the court requires something more. And now it was for the court that what they want to do... I do hope that we will be able to show progress during this year," he added.
Investigating agencies had filed fresh charges against Satyam Computer Services Limited founder and five others over an accounting fraud that hit the software services company early last year.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had also filed a third charge sheet against the six accused in a court in Hyderabad, where Satyam is headquartered, for filing false tax returns that resulted in loss to Satyam shareholders.
The CBI filed its first charge sheet against Raju and others in April last year, followed by another in November for falsification of accounts, cheating and criminal breach of trust, among other charges. (ANI)