Melbourne, Jan 27: Australia has handed over a police dossier on recent attacks to India, a media report said on Wednesday, Jan 27.
According to The Age report, the dossier prepared by Victorian police reveals that nearly half of the attackers were juveniles.
"It shows nearly half of those arrested between Mar 2009 and Jan 5 - three days after the Garg killing - were under 18," the report said.
The report also said, "The dossier shows that among the 18 high-profile cases, two cases of assault reported in May and Jun last year remained unsolved."
Sources said that the Australian government initially resisted providing more information to Indians as it deemed racial appearance to be a limited indicator of ethnicity.
The dossier also shows, "Of the 18 cases, two people were run over by a train and there was no foul play. While three cases remained unsolved, 33 people have been arrested over the remaining 13 cases."