London, Jan 25(ANI): Manchester City striker Robinho has confirmed that he is leaving the club.
Robinho has said that he is disappointed at not being a regular City first-teamer and is desperate to rejoin his first club, Santos, in Brazil.
"I am going through a bad period. Roberto Mancini (City manager) said I'd play one game and but not another. I didn't accept that and told him so," The Sun quoted Robinho, as saying.
"The directors all agree it's better to send me out on loan. It would be exceptional to return to Santos. Playing for Santos would help me in my path to the World Cup. It is my home. I know everyone," he added.
However, Mancini insisted that he was keen to have Robinho at Eastlands for the season.
"Robinho, for me, must stay. I see him with us for the rest of the season. He has said nothing to the contrary to me. If he doesn't appear in every game, there is a good reason," Mancini said.
"I have five or six excellent players competing for two or three positions up front. I cannot pick all of them all of the time, but Robinho's class is there for all to see. He's a top player for us," he added.
Earlier, certain media reports had suggested that the Brazilian could make his final appearance for the club at Scunthorpe in the FA Cup fourth round game on Sunday.
It is believed that Mancini has run out of patience and told the 32.5 million pound flop that he is no longer in his plans.
The decision follows Robinho's woeful performance at Everton last week, when he came on as a substitute and was then subbed himself.
City broke the British transfer record to land the Brazilian from Real Madrid in August 2008, but despite 15 goals last season, some of Robinho's away displays were awful and he has slipped out of favour. (ANI)