Seattle, Jan 23: Software giant Microsoft Corp has advised all the users of its Internet Explorer to immediately apply a new patch it released on Thursday, Jan 21 to protect the browser from attacks from hackers.
Microsoft's move comes in the wake of the China-Google spat over the alleged hacking attacks targeted at the Internet giant in the country last week.
Informing that the hackers, who are targeting Google among 20 other companies, have discovered a flaw in its browser making it susceptible to attacks, Microsoft told its users that the new patch was 'critical' for their computers' safety.
Symantec Corp researchers found viruses that exploit Microsoft browser's flaw and in turn allow hackers to access the system remotely through websites.
The Microsoft has assured that the PCs are safe once the user applies the patch as it effectively resolves the eight vulnerabilities in the Internet Explorer.
"We're always working, we have fewer vulnerabilities than our competitors," said Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer.
However, Ballmer did not give show any inclination towards pulling out of China like Google threatened to do.
"We respect the laws of China, it's the only appropriate thing for us to do," he said.