London, January 18 (ANI): Go Compare commercial featuring the opera-singing star has been voted the most irritating advert of 2009.
At the second spot in the list was Cash4Gold ad, which tries to persuade viewers to part with their broken jewellery for money.
The advertisement for Glade Touch 'n' Fresh, showing a young boy telling his mother that he wants "to do a poo at Paul's", where the bathroom has been fitted with the air freshener gadget, got place in the third position.
Also, the Gillette adverts, starring footballer Thierry Henry golfer Tiger Woods, who recently had his multiple affairs exposed, also figured highly.
"It was a vintage year for irritating ads. The end of Kerry Katona's contract with Iceland did remove one regular fixture but a host of other brands has joined the fray," the Telegraph quoted a spokesman for advertising bible Marketing magazine, which compiled the list, as saying.
Top 10 most annoying adverts of 2009:
1. The opera singer in the Go Compare adverts
2. Cash 4Gold - encouraging people to trade in their beloved trinkets for cash
3. Glade air freshener, featuring a little boy telling his Mum he wants: "to do a poo at Paul's".
4. Swiftcover - Indie rock god Iggy Pop representing a firm that doesn't insure musicians.
5. Confused.com - people talking about insurance quotes.
6. 118 247 - jingle rhyming the company name with "directory heaven".
7. Churchill - the talking dog that can only say two words. Oh, no. 8 Webuyanycar.com - repetitive jingle that won't go away.
9. Nintendo - Ant and Dec interacting with their public. (ANI)