Terror groups wrecking havoc in Pak at foreign quarter's behest: Malik

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Islamabad, Jan.15 (ANI): Blaming foreign powers for the surge in terror attacks in the country in the recent past, Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that banned terror organisations such as the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, the Jaish-e-Muhammad and Al Qaeda were working against Pakistan at the command of foreign quarters.

Addressing the National Assembly, Malik said that the agencies have garnered sufficient evidence regarding perpetrators of the recent violence in Karachi, which erupted after a Muharram procession was targeted in a bomb blast last month.

Malik said it was the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi which plotted and executed the bomb blast on December 28.

"The blast in Karachi that killed 45 people and injured 46 others was not a suicide attack, and the perpetrators of the attacks on December 26, 27 and 28 have been arrested and were being interrogated," The Daily Times quoted Malik, as saying.

ommenting on the issue of target killing in Karachi, he said the government has taken stiff action against the extremists as a result of which no such incident has been reported in the city in the past few days.

"No target killings have taken place in Karachi over the last 72 hours because of timely and effective action against terrorists by the Sindh government, Rangers and police in collaboration with the federal government," said Malik. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...