New Delhi, Jan 15: Responding to a media report suggesting that Chinese hackers have managed to attack Prime Minister's Office (PMO) computers, the PMO said that these kinds of attempts were on but the hackers have not manged to achieve their malicious goals.
"Attempts have always been there to hack our computers, but we have our security systems in place," PMO media adviser Harish Khare told a news agency.
This came in response to a Headlines Today report which claimed that Hackers from China have targeted computers in PMO.
"There has been no breach on our security system, we are absolutely safe," Khare added.
"Headlines Today has learnt that the sinister attempt was made around December 15 last year. Investigators are still coming to terms with the depth of the damage," the Jan 14 report said.
"The hackers aimed high," the report said adding that their 'cream of India's national security set-up' tagets included National Security Advisor MK Narayanan, Cabinet Secretary KM Chandrashekhar, PM's Special Envoy Shyam Saran and Deputy National Security Advisor Shekhar Dutt.
Further, the report claimed that investigations were on to ascertain the extent of damage and to determine if the Chinese government had anything to do with the attack.