Kasab denies all charges in Mumbai special Court

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jan 12 (ANI): Mohd Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving gunman of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, who appeared in the Mumbai special Court on Tuesday, refused to accept his role in the attacks.

Kasab said in the court that he was not in the picture that was captured by the CCTV cameras, and that he was not carrying any weapon.

Around 891 questions have been asked till date, and several other questions are still to be asked in relation to the case.

The court questioned Kasab on the basis of DNA reports given by experts, which hold him responsible for the 26/11 attacks.

The ballistic experts have confirmed that the bullets fired from Kasab's AK-47 rifle had caused fatal injuries on the bodies of the victim.

The DNA reports confirm that the samples found from Kuber fishing trawler (on which Kasab and the other nine terrorists had arrived from Pakistan) matches with Kasab's DNA.

The prosecution had closed the case on Wednesday (December 16), after hearing around six hundred witnesses for a period of over seven months.

Kasab had said in the 26/11 special trial Court that all the confessions made by him earlier were under pressure, imposed on him by the investigating officials.

Kasab completely denied that he had opened firing at Mumbai's Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus, when the judge pointed out that witnesses saw him open fire at that spot.

Kasab has been doing everything from the outrageous to the unbelievable to distance himself from the case.

Earlier in July this year, Kasab had admitted that he was accountable for Mumbai terror attacks.

Kasab has been accused of various charges ranging from waging war against the nation to conspiracy and murder.

The attacks, which began on November 26, 2008 and lasted nearly three days, left 174 people dead, including nine gunmen. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...