New Delhi, Jan 7: Steel czar, LN Mittal has expressed concern over slow progress in steel project in Jharkhand and Orissa but said there are no plans to scrap these projects.
Speaking to reporters here, he said, "We are not satisfied with the progress made in Jharkhand and Orissa. We hope that we can make more progress than what we have achieved so far ... but our endeavour will continue. We don't plan to exit from any of our projects."
ArcelorMittal has been facing problems in acquiring land and delays in securing regulatory approvals for its proposed Rs one-lakh-crore steel projects in Jharkhand and Orissa.
Mittal is likely to raise these issues in a meeting with Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh.
Meanwhile, the Karnataka government has approved Mittal's Rs 30,000-crore proposed six million tonnes steel project in the state and MoU will be signed in June this year.
When about Karnataka project, he said, "Karnataka government has given preliminary approval for proposed plant in Karantaka. The Karnataka plant will be the company's third plant."