New York, Jan 3 (ANI): Fred Mayer is one happy man, as he can wash his dishes and poach an egg at the same time, all thanks to his kitchen's special feature: a faucet that spews fire!
Mayer, 59, a Vietnam veteran, lives in Candor, a rural town in Tioga County, between Ithaca and Binghamton. He has lived in the same house since 1962. The problems with his water started about three years ago, he said.
Mayer blames his flammable faucet on natural gas drilling near his home. Fortuna Energy Inc. began drilling in Tioga County in late 2003, reports The New York Daily News.
State environmental officials, however, say the gas was created and released by nature.
If enough gas builds up in his faucets or walls, scientists warn, Mayer's house could explode. (ANI)