Delhi cricket fans outraged over difficulties in getting abandoned match's ticket refunded

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Dec. 28 (ANI): Delhi District Cricket Association has asked angry spectators of the abandoned India-Sri Lanka cricket match to collect ticket refunds from the Union Bank branches instead of Feroz Shah Kotla stadium in New Delhi.

The fifth and final one-day international between Sri Lanka and India was abandoned after 23.3 overs on Sunday due to unpredictable bounce on the pitch at Feroz Shah Kotla stadium.

A notice at the stadium to this effect has disappointed the spectators as they were earlier promised refund at the stadium itself.

"We came here to get our ticket refunds but we were told that we will get money from the banks. I will have to stay here few more days. I am very disappointed," said Shivram, A Cricket Fan From India's Northern Uttar Pradesh.

Foreign fans who had come to witness the India- Sri Lanka also expressed their annoyance towards Delhi Cricket Board.

"Its pretty bad that they are sending us to the banks instead of the ground, where we should be given the refund. It's very disappointing. So we are not having good experience, about time watching cricket in India. So, it's very disappointing. We are pretty annoyed with the Delhi Cricket Board," said Stevenson from Australia.

A packed Kotla crowd reacted angrily; hurling chair covers onto the field after the match was abandoned and a section of spectators raised banners demanding their money back.

This is the second ODI to be abandoned in India due to unfit pitch conditions.

Tillakaratne Dilshan (31) suffered a painful blow on his left elbow off pace man Ashish Nehra, but bravely carried on after treatment before he fell to spearhead fast bowler Zaheer Khan.

Sanath Jayasuriya (20), celebrating his 21st year in international cricket, suffered a blow on his finger when he fended at debutant paceman Sudeep Tyagi as some deliveries leapt up from a good length while others kept low.

Tyagi got the ball to fly past batsman Thilina Kandamby (12 not out) after hitting a crack, forcing the batsmen to speak to the umpires.

Match referee Alan Hurst had a mid-pitch conference with the field umpires and the captains and suspended play before deciding to abandon the match. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...