London, December 23 (ANI): Dan Brown's latest book The Lost Symbol has bagged the top spot in the Christmas book charts.
The sequel to the controversial The Da Vinci Code, based on Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon, was said to be the best-selling book for the week ending December 19, according to retailer Waterstone.
The record-breaking mystery thriller went on to topple Guinness World Records 2010 to the second place followed by Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse, the third book in her Twilight saga.
"The Lost Symbol broke every record when it was published - biggest and fastest-selling adult hardback fiction title, biggest-selling eBook, biggest print run from publisher Transworld," the Telegraph quoted Waterstone's fiction buyer Janine Cook as saying.
"It's not been far from the top of the charts since publication, and it's a great gift, which is why it's back on top. It has been an unstoppable juggernaut of a book," Cook added.
Alison Barrow, of Transworld Publishers, further said: "It has been a most uplifting experience for everyone involved in the publication of The Lost Symbol and we feel very privileged to have been a part of its success.
"To be Christmas number one is very exciting indeed."
The list of top 10:
1. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
2. Guinness World Records 2010
3. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
4. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
5. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson 6. Where's Stig?
7. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult
8. Delia's Happy Christmas by Delia Smith
9. Ooh! What a Lovely Pair by Ant and Dec
10. My S*** Life So Far by Frankie Boyle (ANI)