Barcelona dumps plans to sign Robinho

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Barcelona, Dec 22(ANI): Barcelona president Joan Laporta has said that the club has given up its plans to sign Manchester City striker Robinho during January's transfer window.

He said that Barcelona did make a formal offer for Robinho, but the club's owners have turned it down.

"Our offer for Robinho has not been accepted and with the squad that we have, we will not be signing anyone in the winter window unless something highly unexpected happens," The Mirror quoted Laporta, as saying.

"We are happy with the squad that have and only if there is a real need to add to it will we do that," he added.

Last month, it was reported that Barcelona were close to sealing a deal with Manchester City over Robinho.

The club was planning to sign Robinho on a loan during the January transfer window for a six million pound "arrangement fee", with a view to a permanent switch in the summer.

The 25-year-old has made 32 Premier League appearances and scored 14 goals for the Reds, but an ankle injury has kept him on the sidelines for major part of the season. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...