Perth, Dec 14(ANI): Australian fast bowler Stuart Clark reckons that it is very unlikely for him to be selected to play Test cricket for the team again.
Clark said that he was unsure about his stance at the international level after selectors decided to go ahead with fast bowlers Doug Bollinger and Clint McKay for the series against West Indies.
"I do agree it is looking very unlikely," AAP quoted Clark, as saying.
The 34-year-old, however, was quick to refute suggestions that he was ready to quit after suffering a back stress fracture that is threatening to spoil his summer.
"Definitely not. That (retirement) is the furthest thing from my mind. It is unfortunate what has happened over the last week with my injury, but hopefully given that the rehab has gone to plan, then after Christmas I will be doing some light training and getting back into it," Clark said.
Several former Australian cricketers, including fast bowler Geoff Lawson, have Clark's international career has suffered a major blow with him being overlooked for the Perth Test against the West Indies.
Chief selector Andrew Hilditch has claimed that Clark will be considered if he is in form.
"We'd like to win every Test match going into the Ashes because we're trying to build confidence in the new team, but we have our eye very much on the Ashes," Hilditch said.
"If our assessment at the time is Stuart's the best bowler for the Ashes and he's still going well, then so be it," he added. (ANI)