Lahore, Dec, 9 (ANI): The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Hakeemullah Mehsud has warned that the Taliban would take on the Pakistan Army with more intent during the winter season.
"We will wait till January for our offensive since we are stronger during the snowing season," Mehsud told CNN over telephone.
Mehsud said the military offensive in South Waziristan has not hampered their objectives and that the insurgents remain determined for war against the security forces present in the region.
"We have conserved our energy and have not lost our morale.The leadership of my organisation is safe," he said, while refusing to divulge details of his whereabouts.
When asked about Monday's bomb blast outside Peshawar's district court, Mehsud neither accepted nor denied Taliban's hand in the strike.
"Being occupied in other matters, I have not been able to contact my colleagues there, so I will not be able to take responsibility at this time," he said.
On Monday, a suicide bomber blew himself up at the Peshawar Session Court complex entrance killing nine people and injuring over 45.
This was the second attack in less than a month, which targeted the court premises in Peshawar. Earlier on November 19, a suicide bomber had killed 19 people outside the Peshawar Judicial Complex. (ANI)