Lucknow, Dec 4 (ANI): The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) member Khalid Rasheed has said that Muslims would shortly petition the government seeking action against those responsible for the demolition of Babri mosque.
Talking to reporters here on Thursday, Rasheed said that the organization would petition the government to take action against those named in the report.
"We were waiting for the report on the Babri Masjid demolition and the culprits behind it. We were thinking that it would include recommendations, legal proceedings against them. Gladly, the names emerged behind the heinous act but to my astonishment no legal action was taken against them. On the contrary, Muslim organizations were blamed, which was very painful," Rasheed added.
He said the AIMPLB would also ask all the devout to organise prayer meetings in mosques across the country on December 6.
The probe panel had earlier recorded the statements of senior BJP leaders Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Lal Krishna Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh.
The Commission in its report observed that Vajpayee, Advani and Joshi should have been aware of decisions of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh's plans to demolish the mosque structure.
The Liberhan Commission led by Justice M S Liberhan probed the circumstances that led to the demolition of the Babri Masjid.
After a prolonged inquiry that lasted over 16 years, Justice Liberhan submitted his findings to the government on June 30 this year. (ANI)